In honor of Sergei Novikov, who will be retiring shortly, the Mathematics Department at the University of Maryland announces an afternoon of talks on topics in geometric analysis by some of Novikov's distinguished students: Gennadi Kasparov (Vanderbilt University), Igor Krichever (Columbia University), and Anton Zorich (Paris Jussieu). The event will take place on Wednesday, April 26, 2017, in William E. Kirwan Hall, University of Maryland, room 3206, and will be followed by a dinner. All are invited to participate.
- 2:00-3:00. Gennadi Kasparov, On the Novikov higher signature conjecture: history and development
- 3:00-3:15. Tea across the hall in room 3201
- 3:15-4:15. Igor Krichever, A discrete analog of the Novikov-Veselov hierarchy and its applications
- 4:15-4:30. Short break
- 4:30-5:30. Anton Zorich, Equidistribution of square-tiled surfaces, meanders, and Masur-Veech volumes
- 5:30-6:00. Presentation to Sergei in the Yorke Rotunda downstairs
- 6:00-8:00. Buffet dinner in the Yorke Rotunda downstairs