There are many other indices of electronic journals in mathematics. Here are some of the better ones:
Abstracting and Indexing Journals
- MathSci Net - the on-line version of Mathematical Reviews.
- Zentralblatt MATH - the on-line version of Zentralblatt für Mathematik. We do not have a subscription, so you are limited to searches for only 3 items at a time.
Electronic Mathematics and Statistics Journals
Most of the above resources are only available from machines in the mathematics department. In most cases, you can access them remotely via researchport, or else you can go directly to:
Free Electronic Journals
Home Pages of Conventional Mathematics and Statistics Journals
This list includes the home pages of many conventional print journals, usually indexed by publisher. In most cases, you can access tables of contents and submission instructions for authors. In some cases, abstracts or even full text are also available.
- AMS Journals
- Annals of Mathematics
- Academic Press Journals
- BIT Numerical Mathematics
- Canadian Mathematical Society Journals
- Duke Mathematical Journal
- International Mathematics Research Notices. This was originally a spin-off of the Duke Mathematical Journal but is now independent.
- L'Enseignement Mathématique. For tables of contents, try here.
- MAA Journals
- French mathematics journals published by Gauthier-Villars. These include the Comptes Rendus de l'Académie des sciences - Série I - Mathématique, theAnnales Scientifiques de l'École Normale Supérieure, and others.
- International Press journals: Communications in Analysis and Geometry, Mathematical Research Letters, Methods and Applications of Analysis, The Asian Journal of Mathematics, Journal of Differential Geometry.
- Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics. Starting with volume 49 (1999), full text of the journal is available at this website.
- Mathematische Nachrichten
- Michigan Mathematical Journal
- Nagoya Mathematical Journal
- Houston Journal of Mathematics
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Full text of back issues from volumes 1-95, 1915-1998, is available here.
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics Journals (Probability and Statistics)
- Other Probability and Statistics journals accessable through the IMS.
- Journals published by the French Mathematical Society (SMF) and French Society for Applied and Industrial Mathematics (SMAI)
- Journals published by the Mittag-Leffler Institute: Acta Mathematica and Arkiv för matematik
- Journals published by De Gruyter: Forum Mathematicum, Journal für die reine und angewandte Mathematik, and Journal of Group Theory
- Journals of the Australian Mathematical Society
- Mathematical Research Letters
- Pacific Journal of Mathematics.
- SIAM Journals
- Elsevier Journals. You can also access those Elsevier journals to which the UM libraries have a subscription via Science Direct from campus computers or (if you are off campus) through the university research port.
- London Mathematical Society Journals
- Journals of the Institute of Mathematics, Polish Academy of Sciences, including Fundamenta Mathematicae, Studia Mathematica, Annales Polonici Mathematici, and Colloquium Mathematicum.
- Springer and Birkhäuser Journals
- Illinois Journal of Mathematics
- Israel Journal of Mathematics
- Journal d'Analyse Mathématique
- Cambridge University Press Journals, including some journals of the London Mathematical Society
- Oxford University Press Journals, including some journals of the IMA and London Mathematical Society
- Compositio Mathematica. Back issues of this journal, going back to 1935, may be found here.
- Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics
- Glasnik Matematicki
- Journal of Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems
- Mathematica Scandinavica
- VSP journals: Acta Mathematica Sinica, Discrete Mathematics and Applications, East-West Journal of Numerical Mathematics, Journal of Computational Mathematics, Journal of Inverse and Ill-Posed Problems, Random Operators and Stochastic Equations, and Russian Journal of Numerical Analysis and Mathematical Modelling.
- ZAMM, Zeitschrift für Angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik.
- other Wiley/Interscience journals in mathematics and statistics.
Mathematics Preprint Servers
These are extremely useful, but you are cautioned that most preprint servers will accept contributions from anyone, and are not refereed.
Subject-Specific Resources in Mathematics
General Science Journals
General Reference Services
Other Library Services
- New: The Cornell Digital Math Library. Electronic versions of old mathematics books in the public domain, including many classics such as Descartes, Hilbert, Poincaré, Weierstrass, etc.
- New: The EMS Library of Mathematical Classics. Contains electronic versions of the collected works of Hamilton and Riemann.
- New: The collected works of Gauss.
- New: The collected works of Euler.
- New: The collected works of Ramanujan.
- New: The critical edition of the collected works of Leibniz (not all in digital form yet).
- New: The collected works of Stefan Banach.
- New: The EMS Library of Mathematical Monographs. Contains electronic versions of some out-of-print or hard-to-get books.
- New: The EMS Library of Conference Proceedings.
- New: The AMS index to online books.
- New: The Digital Library of Mathematical Functions. A handbook of classical special functions, under development. The chapter on Airy functions, now available, was written by our own Frank Olver.
- The Avron Douglis Library.
- The UMCP Libraries home page.
- Campus IT FAQs. Helpful for computer or software questions.
- Project Euclid, a Duke-Cornell initiative for streamlining journal production in mathematics.
- SGA Online, a web-based version of SGA, Séminaire de Géometrie Algébrique, a key reference for modern algebraic geometry, homological algebra, and category theory. Also includes Grothendieck's EGA, Éléments de Géometrie Algébrique.