This program is funded by the generous gift of Professor Michael Brin in 2005. Professor Brin is an emeritus professor of mathematics at the University of Maryland. The Brin Postdoctoral program supports mathematicians who have recently completed or will soon complete a doctorate in mathematics or a closely related field, and whose work shows remarkable promise in mathematical research. The appointments are for one to three years, with a minimal teaching requirement of up to one course per semester.
Current Brin Postdoctoral Fellows
- Fei Wang (PhD 2017, University of Southern California). Works in PDEs. His mentor is Professor Jacob Bedrossian (2017-).
- Changguang Dong (PhD 2018, Penn State). Studies dynamics, including the density of iterates of infinite sets. His mentors incldude Professors Giovanni Forni and Adam Kanigowski
- Xuemiao Chen is a geometer, a student of Song Sun from SUNY Stony Brook. He works on Yang-Mills connections, sheaves on complex manifolds, and the Harder-Narasimhan-Seshadri filtration. His mentor will be Richard Wentworth.
- Yijing Wu is a student of Luis Caffarelli at the University of Texas in PDE theory. Her undergraduate degree is from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China. Her research is about regularity properties of non-local elliptic operators and free boundary problems related to the calculus of variations. Her mentor will be Antoine Mellet.
- Agnieszka Zelerowicz is a student of Yakov Pesin at Penn State, working on dynamical systems and the thermodynamic formalism. Her undergraduate degree is from Białystok, Poland. She will work with Dima Dolgopyat.
Former Brin Postdoctoral Fellows
- Wujun Zhang (PhD 2012, University of Minnessotta) works in numerical analysis of partial differential equations. His mentor was Professor Ricardo Nochetto (2012-2015).
- Yuri Lima (PhD 2011, IMPA Brazil). Works in dynamics. His mentor was Professor Vadim Kaloshin (2013-2015).
- Michelle Lee (PhD 2012 , University of Michigan). Her mentor was Professor Bill Goldman. (2013-2014).
- Renjie Feng (PhD 2012, Northwestern University). Works in random differential and Kähler geometry, stochastic processes. His mentor was Professor Richard Wentworth (2013-2015).
- Pablo Roldan Gonzalez (PhD 2007, University of Texas-Austin). Works in dynamics. His mentor was Professor Vadim Kaloshin (2014-2015).
- Swarnava Mukhopadhyay (PhD 2013, UNC Capel Hill). Works in algebraic geometry and representation theory. His mentor was Professor Patrick Brosnan (2013-2015).
- Guan Huang (PhD 2014, Ecole Polytechnique, France). Works in dynamics. His mentor was Professor Vadim Kaloshin (2014-2017).
- Michele Coti Zelati (PhD 2014, Indiana University Bloomington). Works in partial differential equations and dynamical systems. His mentor was Professor Konstantina Trivisa (2014-2016).
- Caroline Terry (PhD 2016, University of Illinois, Chicago). Model theory and combinatorics. Her mentor was Professor Chris Laskowski (2016-2018).
- Peter Nandori (PhD 2013, Budapest University of Technology and Economics). Studies dynamical systems and probability theory. His mentor was Professor Dmitri Dolgopyat (2015-2018).
- Huanchen Bao (PhD 2015, University of Viginia). Studies representation theory of Lie algebras, superalgebras, and quantum groups. His mentor was Professor Xuhua He (2015-2019). Huanchen is now an Assistant Professor at the National University of Singapore.
- Heyrim Cho (PhD 2015, Brown University). Studies numerical and theoretical methods for stochastic simulations. Her mentor was Professor Doron Levy (2015-2019). Heyrim is now an Assistant Professor at University of California Riverside.