Beginning in Fall 1991, the dynamics groups of the University of Maryland and Pennsylvania State University have jointly sponsored two annual three to four day meetings in dynamical systems and related topics: a spring meeting here in College Park, and a fall meeting in State College. These meetings, though primarily regional, also attract participants outside the region and the country; the conference archives indicate their scope.
The 2021 Maryland Workshop on Dynamical Systems will take place over two weekends, April 9-11 (session 1) and April 16-18 (session 2). The first session will promarily be devoted to systems of zero entropy, whereas the second session will be devoted to hyperbolic systems.
The Michael Brin Prize talks will take place during the first session.
Recordings of the talks of the second day (Wang, Vinhage, Lemanczyk and Marmi (first half)) are here and here is the second half of Marmi's talk.
Speakers for Session 1
- Alex Gorodnik (University of Zurich)
- Corinna Ulcigrai (University of Zurich)
- Dmitri Scheglov (Universidade Federal Fluminense)
- Maria Isabel Cortez (Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile)
- Mariusz Lemanczyk (Nicolaus Copernicus University, Torun)
- Kurt Vinhage (Penn State)
- Samuel Edwards (Yale University)
- Stefano Marmi (Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa)
- Taylor MacAdam (Yale University)
The Chernov Memorial Lectures by Peter Balint will take place during the second session.
November 10, 1956 - August 7, 2014
Speakers for Session 2
- Agnieszka Zelerowicz (Maryland)
- Andrey Gogolev (Ohio State University)
- Alena Erchenko (Stony Brook)
- Françoise Pène (Université de Brest)
- Mark Demers (Fairfield University)
- Peter Balint (Budapest University of Technology and Economics)
- Zhiren Wang (Penn State University)