The University of Maryland has a pre-approval policy for all incoming and outgoing travel for faculty, graduate students and visitors.  The first step to arrange travel approval is to go to and complete a New Travel Request.  Any questions about completing the form may be directed to Rebecca Gore ().   Students and visitors travel requests will be routed to faculty approvers.

The University of Maryland College Park is currently under the policy of the “Fly America Act”. To read about the Fly America Act, a federal regulation that requires the use of U.S. carriers for travel that will be reimbursed from federal grants and contracts, please click here.

**Hotel reservations will be made once the New Travel Request has been submitted and approved.  It is preferred that the hotel instructions be included in the New Travel Request rather than in a separate email. 

Upon completion of the travel a Travel Expense form needs to be completed in order to be reimbursed for expenses including per diem reimbursements only.  To access the Travel Expense form, go to The exception is for those faculty, grad students and visitors not claiming any reimbursement.  If no reimbursement for a trip is expected please notify Rebecca Gore () so we can close out the travel encumbrance.